Quick Armor - Halloween shortcuts
Here we present some shortcuts from our members.
Tar Paper Helmet and Chest Plate
To make my version of Dernhelm I used tar paper for the "armor", boots,
helmet, and vambraces. the boots didn't hold up very well. I ended up
wrapping them with clear packing tape.
||Ready for battle!
Attached are measurements and a pattern for the helmet. Instructions
are for assembling helmet:
- 1. Staple number one together with the small ends.
- 2. Staple the number two pieces perpendicular to each other
intersecting each other at the centers.
- 3. Staple the attached number 2 pieces to number one.
- 4. Staple the number five pieces in the gaps on top.
- 5. Staple number three to number one.
- 6. Staple the two number fours to number one on the sides of number three,
with the bigger ends of number four on the bottom.
- 7. voila! paint it or whatever you want to do.
Pattern for the Chest armor:
|Pattern for the chest armor
||Tar paper "armor"
See her scrapbook entry
for more tips.
== Dernhelm D
More bits can be found under the characters that wear armor.
Also check out all out "cheat" solution over in our "Tip" section.
Disclaimer: Everything here is just provided to help you out as a
v ----- Advertisement -----v
^ -----Advertisement ----- ^
The Hobbit | News 'n' Exhibits | Characters | Quick Costumes | Making 'Em | Buy It | Resources | Community | Search Us | Contact Us
LOTR Home | Up | Closet Ideas for Quick Costumes | Halloween LOTR Style | Quick Ears | Quick Hobbit Feet | Quick Legolas | Quick Elf Guys | Quick Galadriel | Quick Aragorn | Quick Boromir | Quick Wizards | Quick Nazgul | Quick Orcs | Quick Sauron | Quick Treebeard | Quick Fellowship Pins | Quick Jewlery | Quick Armor | Easy Sew Robe | Kids Costumes
This page was last updated