Our Chalk Board
This entire web is much more a study project (vs. a static
web). So, to help us keep track we have added a scrap work area for
our costume research. We use our Chalk board area for anything we want to share. We'll pop info into this section as we're researching. There can be links, rough sketches,
questions... anything. It puts all the info in one place for us to
If you're working on a project and just want to post it
here for others to give you feed back... just contact us at
The first research project is Aragorn. Because this is
the first project it's not just the data, there are numerous reports to know how to do the research.
As you read though the
research for his outfits is you will find not just the results but a bit of the
whys and howsl.
Aragorn Research - How? - Step by step
Everyone has their methods... Here's a view into mine for da folks that
asked. Real step by step instructions would have put everyone to
sleep... so I'm going to walk you though how I research. (Warning, I'm veryyyyyy detail oriented. ) This research would be the same whether
you were doing a beginning, intermediate or advanced project. The only
difference at this time is how much time you spend of research... and when
(Please note, the questions in the first 3 sections have been answered
or moved to the next sections.)
- Beginning step one <here>.
- Just the final results of step one here, <here>.
- Step two: photos for Rivendell outfit - why
we picked these
- Lots of links to guide you along
- Step three: photos for Strider outfit - why
we picked these
- Lots of links to guide you along, but not everything we could find,
only the ones that mattered for the costume.
- Step four: description of Rivendell outfit -
all we have to date
- Here's where we diverge....
New pictures to be organized of the Rivendell outfit.
- Aragorn over Frodo's shoulder
- mcu, good resolution, can see piping and a bit of the pattern
- Great resolution of the collar
- Yoke detail
- Looking towards sword, body twisted
- Aragorn facing away from Arwen in hall
- Reading a book, looking up
- med, very dark screen cap
- Look at arm holding the book. See how sleeve curves in. Seam
is not in standard position.
- Inside w/ Aragorn
- Reading a book
- 3/4 shots
- Sleeve detail, can you see how seam of the sleeve is shaped and
how the seam is under the arm
- Sitting at council (2 shot with Figwit)
- Standing at council, Figwig and Aragorn
- Aragorn in the Library (a page of images)
- Aragorn at the Council (a page of images)
- Aragorn holding Evenstar
Part 5 - Describing the Rivendell Outfit, V2.0
|Here's our next try on a description of Aragorn's Rivendell Outfit.
This outfit is only seen in Rivendell for a short time so we do not have
a large description. It's worn for the bridge romance with Arwen and
at the Rivendell council over the fate of the one ring.
Basic description: Soft grey velvet sleeveless surcoat . It
is worn over a long sleeved
diamond patterned black and silver tunic. We have grouped
Rivendell pictures together.
- Articles we need to describe:
- Sleeveless surcoat
- Under tunic
- Pants (?)
- No hat or cloak with this outfit.
|Please go back to the character section for the current
description of Aragorn's Council
||Aragorn Rivendell outfit guess. Click photo to
Information on this page is highly speculative...
This is our scratch pad. Please check the rest of the web for items we're
LOTR Home | Up | The Hobbit | News 'n' Exhibits | Characters | Quick Costumes | Making 'Em | Buy It | Resources | Community | Search Us | Contact Us
This page was last updated