Boo News – Halloween Links & Costume Sources
- Haunt and Scare website directories for around California and the Country
- Local Los Angeles Area Event Links
- More links for Halloween fun
- How to Submit and Event
Check out these haunted search engines for activities around the country. They have haunted houses, chat, costume tips and more…
- Horror Find – http://www.horrorfind.com/
- Amazing collection of links to haunted houses all over the country
- Haunt World – http://www.hauntworld.com/
- list the top haunts in the country
How to Haunt-it-yourself – Haunted House building tips
- Monster List of Halloween Projects
- Haunt Project – Visual source for Haunting How-To
- Jackson Manor – painting, foam & lighting tips
- Halloween Yard Haunter – tips for props and lighting
- ScareFX – tips and props, resource lists
- Cal Haunts – California Hanuters Society
- Darkside of the Net
- check out their links for Jack o-Lanterns, costumes, decor, history and more
Pumpkin Patches and Hay Rides Links
- Southern California pumpkin patches & farm events
Use city specific search engines for events around Los Angeles. Note: no search engines have everything, so dig for info.
Halloween & Horror events & blog sites for the Los Angeles area
- Hollywood Gothique – http://www.hollywoodgothique.com/
- Reviews of haunts, interview clips and news of Halloween and Fantasy events around the Los Angeles area.
- Lots more Halloween and spooky news for all year long.
- Creepy LA – http://creepyla.com/blog/
- Brian has a special seasonal blog just for all the weird and wonderful stuff that goes on in this town during the fall…
- My Haunt Live – http://www.myhauntlife.com/
- Calendar, map, and reviews of the Halloween events
Looking for more club events, especially on the west side? Check out…
- Alex’s In LA’s Halloween page:
- Also club and bar contests will be listed in the LA weekly and LA.com.
- See a larger list of clubs and ticket sites at the bottom of our club section.
- The Los Angeles Times is now behind a pay way… but if you have access, they’ve always got a good listing.
- At-LA.com is a nice little directory of many event links and other directories, Halloween just being one of them.
- Los Angeles DownTown News – leep up w/ everything downtown – http://www.ladowntownnews.com/
- http://blogging.la/ covers events throughout the city. Look for info and comments.
- Los Angeles Almanaclist a lot of family friendly activities for October including street fairs, harvest festivals and museum days.
- They list the events by month now, so you’ll need to check the dates yourself.
City Halloween Calendars
A few cities or counties do their own Halloween calendars. If it’s your area, there’s a lot more fun to be had. Note, sometimes these are not official calendars and just have a specific emphasis.
- Long Beach – http://www.everythinglongbeach.com/halloween-in-long-beach/
- Orange County – Just kids and family – http://www.orangecounty.net/html/weekend_halloween.html
Day of the Dead and related activity calendars
- Plume Norie’s Day of the Dead in LA has a large list of festivals from all around SoCal.
- http://www.plume-noire.com/feature/halloween/dayofthedeadlosangeles.html (Not currently updated)
- LA’s city calendar for Latino Heritage
- http://www.latinoslacity.org/calander.htm , select October, and go to the end of the month. Check November too. (Link is dead, looking for the new address, if there is one.)